CBD, or cannabidiol, is a compound that can be derived from the flowers of the cannabis plant. CBD is a particularly exciting kind of cannabinoid because it offers a broad range of potential health benefits while producing few intoxicating effects. Accumulating research has shown that CBD can be effective in helping people battle everything from chronic pain to post-traumatic stress disorder.
The CBD Benefits
Back in 2013, the health benefits of CBD oil were still a mystery to the medical community, but that has really changed since then. Today, we have a much better understanding of this cannabinoid and what it can do for our bodies. What’s more, CBD oil has become more popular and available, making it easier than ever to try. But how can you make sure that you are using CBD oil safely and to your full potential?
The following list outlines the top 7 benefits of CBD oil:
- CBD is a potent antioxidant and anti-inflammatory. With the link between inflammation and chronic diseases like cancer, cardiovascular disease, and Alzheimer’s becoming increasingly clear, it’s no wonder that researchers have been pursuing natural anti-inflammatory compounds with vigor. A recent study found that cannabidiol (CBD), a non-psychoactive compound found in hemp, could reduce the inflammation associated with Alzheimer’s disease.
- CBD plays a role in neurogenesis and neuroplasticity, which helps the brain form new neural pathways. While it is true that CBD oil does not have any psychoactive effects, it is still one of the most powerful natural remedies for anxiety and stress. Studies have shown that CBD can help calm the nerve cells in the brain, leading to less brain activity. Research also suggests that CBD may help prevent drug addiction by increasing the brain’s ability to build new neural pathways.
- CBD can protect the brain from neurotoxicity. The importance of CBD can’t be understated. In fact, CBD has been shown to protect the brain from neurotoxicity, making it a viable treatment for neurodegenerative diseases like Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s. In the lab, CBD has been shown to protect neurons from degeneration. In one study, researchers used an animal model of Parkinson’s disease to see if CBD could protect the brain from neurotoxicity. Neurotoxicity can be caused by a number of factors, such as exposure to toxins or certain drugs, or a loss of blood flow to the brain.
- CBD can help solve your acne problems. For a lot of people, acne just comes with the territory: As you go through puberty, your hormones start raging and your body starts producing excess oil, which leads to breakouts. What if there was a natural way to get rid of acne? Thanks to CBD, there is! Recent research from Italy found that CBD oil can help reduce acne by inhibiting the growth of a bacteria that triggers inflammation and oil production.
- CBD can help decrease cancer-related symptoms. Cannabidiol (CBD) is a non-psychoactive chemical compound found in the cannabis plant, which has been shown to relieve symptoms of cancer and other illnesses. CBD works by activating receptors within the body’s endocannabinoid system, a network of cell receptors that are involved in many processes within the body. This causes a release of serotonin and a “feel good” chemical that helps to reduce the negative effects of pain and other symptoms.
- CBD could also improve heart health. It’s no secret that CBD can relieve anxiety, improve mood, and help you fall asleep faster. But the little-known compound can be used for more than just stress relief. Research has found that cannabidiol, or CBD, could also improve heart health.
- CBD is natural, safe, and not addictive. Other great things that may be found in CBD are:
- It is not addictive – unlike many prescription drugs, you will not become physically dependent on CBD.
- It is safe for use under medical supervision – when paired with traditional medical treatment, CBD can help manage the symptoms of a wide range of conditions.
- It works immediately – unlike many other treatments, CBD can immediately begin to relieve your symptoms.
- It is completely natural – CBD is a substance that is extracted from plants and contains no harmful side effects.
As more states legalize the use of medical and/or recreational cannabis, more and more people are turning to CBD, a compound derived from the hemp plant. CBD is non-psychoactive, so it doesn’t give you a high like traditional marijuana does. Unlike THC, CBD is fully legal in the United States, and you can buy it in a variety of forms, like oils, lotions, edibles, and more. While CBD isn’t cheap, it’s available in many forms and is becoming more and more accepted by society.